How do I do this? How do I embed Confluence content into another site? Specifically into Jive, which has HTML tiles.. I tried, but it is not working.
An iframe will pull in a whole web page. Confluence will serve up whatever pages you want, as though you were looking in a browser, and it works fine with iframes, so whatever you're doing wrong, it's wrong in Jive, not Confluence.
(I would also point out that although I've said "it works fine", that's a technical point. It's actually really ugly because you get everything - header, footer and the rest. And you need to be logged in unless the pages are anonymously accessible. It's literally what you'd get in the browser, but in a small box)
Did you ever get this working? We haven't been able to. Are there security restrictions in a Confluence page that prevent it from displaying in an iFrame from a different domain?
I'm having the same issue. I used to be able to embed a confluence page into another site's iFrame, but after the last upgrade going from 5.8.4 -> 5.9.12 ... it stopped working. I get the following error now:
Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 10.52.31 AM.png
Is there a security configuration that I would need to change for confluence to allow itself to be embedded in an iFrame?
Also, you mentioned above about the header and side-bar being embedded and how that's really ugly. There is a script you can use on your confluence page to prevent the extra navigation elements from displaying (only if it's being embedded as an iFrame):
<script type="text/javascript">function inIframe () { try { return window.self !== window.top; } catch (e) { return true; }}
AJS.toInit(function(){ if (inIframe()) { AJS.$('header').hide(); if (AJS.$("div.ia-fixed-sidebar").width() > 55) { AJS.Confluence.Sidebar.toggle(); } } else { console.log("Detected OUTside iFrame"); }});</script>
And you could get this into a custom macro and include this on any pages you want to behave this way.
And it used to work, but now after the upgrade, it does not. Any ideas?
I am wanting an answer to this too... Is there anything I need to do in Confluence to enable pages to be embedded elsewhere?
Since 5.9, confluence is by default protected against the click-jacking.
This behavior can be changed by setting a property. But Atlassian basically advised that it will void your support contract if you have one.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-page-does-not-display-in-an-iframe-827335781.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.