I have a public tracker project through which I would like our customers to be able to stay updated on the features they have requested. Customers would be able to view these public tracker ticket, and I would like them to be notified whenever updates happen to this ticket. This is set up as a Jira Software project at the moment.
At the moment, I am not able to add our customers as watchers to these feature request tickets. The customers I have set up in our JSM project do not show up as users I can add onto these issues. So at the moment, they are not notified when updates happen to these feature request tickets. As a workaround, I am considering adding a custom user field through which I could enter a user's e-mail. Afterwards, I would set up an automation that would send out an e-mail to these users whenever an update happens to the feature request. However, it does not seem like I can add a customer to this user field.
I would like to know if there is a direct way for us to automate notifying our customers whenever the feature request tickets are updated. If there is no way, I would like to know if it is possible to add customers into a custom user field, or if there would be any other workaround to allow customers to be notified on updates to our feature requests.