Hi,
I manage a product though a Jira Project that is connected to a JSM Project. Client tickets are created on JSM and moved to be reviewed and actioned on the Jira Project. The Jira project also has other internally created tickets to be reviewed and actioned.
I am looking to automate the communications as under
- I have a filter in the Jira project with the list of issues that I want to comment on. This I am able to do using
- A manual trigger
- Branch rules/Related issues - For JQL filter = "Filter Name"
- Add comment to issue - 'Comment Body - Key Word'
- I now want to then find if any JSM tickets are linked to this JIRA ticket and if they are linked, I want the same comment on the JSM ticket.
I tried- Trigger when Comment is the main action
- If {{comment.body}} contains Key Word
- Branch rules/Related issues - For JQL filter = issue in linkedissues({{issue.key}}) and Project = "JSM Proj"
- Add comment to issue - 'Comment Body - Key Word'
I find that when I trigger the first automation manually, the Jira ticket does contain the required comment. The second automation is triggered correctly. It passes the If block, but does not find any related issues.
The screenshots of the automation are as under

