Hello all,
Today I was made aware of the following situation and I am lost on how to solve this.
We would like service desk agents to resolve a minimum number of issues each day and discuss those numbers during our weekly meeting. This gives us a good idea of the workload, that problems the agents might have run into, etc.
To facilitate our customers as best as we can, we have a workflow which includes three resolving statuses.
- Answer Provided
- Resolved
- Closed
We use automations to transfer an issue from 1 to 2 after a few days and from 2 to 3 after another few days. However, it turns out that the number of issues resolved is reported several times during those transitions.
So, an agent is "rewarded" when an issues moves into Answer Provided, again when the issues moves to Resolved and a third time when the issue is finally Closed. As you can imagine, this is giving warped statistics and we would like to see this resolved.
I am sure we are not the only ones using multiple resolving statuses and I am wondering how you handle the reporting of those issues?
Am I overlooking a setting? Is there another way to solve this?
Thanks in advance!