Hi,
I had an automation rule in place that counted up the total time logged in original estimate and remaining estimate.
I edited to the rule from single project to multi project however advised the JQL was incorrect. This is due to a recent change from Jira - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/upcoming-changes-epic-link-replaced-with-parent/
So I updated Epic Link to Parent however it states the automation is successful however not updating the fields on the Epic.
Can anyone help me?
Hello @Louise Woods
What is your evidence that the rule is not working correctly?
What does the Audit Log show for the rule execution?
It states it is successful however the Epic is not updating.
It looks like there is an issue with the lookup since the change - as there is about 5 issues on that Epic.
Hi @Louise Woods
Adding to Trudy's ideas...
Are you using a Company-managed (CMP) or a Team-managed project (TMP)? You may find this information at the bottom-left side of the expand area on the browser page.
I ask because TMP have always used "parent" for epic linking, and CMP are in transition from "epic link" to "parent", as you noted from that article. However, I continue to observe inconsistency for CMP around the epic changes, so perhaps change your lookup issues JQL to use Epic Link to see what happens:
"Epic Link" = {{issue.key}}
Kind regards,Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.