We've used Target Start/End dates for years (on project Epics). We've configured our Advanced Roadmaps to display this information in the Gantt as well.
Is there a benefit to using Start/End Date fields over the Target Start/End date fields across Jira or in Advanced Roadmaps?
Why I ask...
I know Roadmap (image below) is available in each Project and uses the Start/End date fields. If we switched away from Target fields across our org and in Advanced Roadmaps (Plans), could a person update the dates in the Roadmap area and that information would carry over to Advanced Roadmaps?
Use case:
Scrum master uses project Roadmap functionality to update Start/End Date fields on Epics.
Program Manager builds Advanced Roadmap (Plan) to read Start/End Date fields.
Any functionality concerns? Most of our scrum masters have learned how to make updates in Advanced Roadmaps then publish, so maybe we don't need Project Roadmaps. I didn't want to leave functionality on the table. That's all.
If this works, we can switch and the simplicity of Roadmaps will carry over to AR training overhead as we scale. Thanks
