What is the best process to copy an Epic and it's child issues from one project to another?
Hi @AmandaB ,
Welcome to the Community! I believe this other post may be helpful: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Copying-or-cloning-an-Epic-to-another-JIRA-Project/qaq-p/1969421
As you'll read in the article Carlos linked, there are a couple different ways to do it. How often you need to do this and how many Epics you want to copy at a time, as well as whether or not you want to copy subtasks will determine the best solution.
I'll just share that I also wrote a tutorial for how to do it with Elements Copy & Sync : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-to-clone-an-Epic-with-all-its-issues/ba-p/2185568
(btw, I'm with the company behind the app)
Hi Laura
Thanks for getting back to me
We have an IT Operations project that consists of 3 business units epics and subtasks to make up the overall roadmap
I want to take out mt BU's epics and subtasks consisting of 4 Epics
Thanks
Amanda
Hi @AmandaB
This is Majid @ Exalate.
Is it a one time copy or a copy that needs to remain in sync? If this is the former, then I believe Jira automations would do the job sufficiently, but if you are interested in the latter or if you want to customize aspects of this copy operation, I would urge you to look at a synchronization solution like Exalate. Please review this post to get a glimpse into what is possible with this.
Give us a shout out if you are interested to explore the product further.
Majid
@AmandaB hi there. +1 for the above-mentioned solutions. Just like to add another option - ZigiOps. It will connect & sync the projects, without saving any of their data. Feel free to try it via the free trial option.
Regards, Diana (ZigiOps team)
Hi Amanda,
I'm Luka from codefortynine and our app Deep Clone for Jira can clone whole issue hierarchies (Initiative - Epic - Task/Story- Subtask) from one project to another or even whole projects. You can find more about how to do that here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.