If so, vote here!
---> https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-12714
Hello,
I don't know about all of you, but I find myself and my team often moving tickets back and forth between two Jira Service Management projects, for a variety of reasons.
During this movement of tickets back and forth between projects, Jira's native "Move Issue" or Move Wizard tool asks to "Select destination project and issue type" right from the outset.
Could you imagine how much of a pain it would be if you could only select the destination project, and after the move, you had to then change the Issue Type from whatever default it had selected?
Well, that's the problem I'm facing when moving tickets to another Jira Service Management projects. More specifically, that's the problem I'm cleaning up after when my Jira colleagues move tickets to other JSM projects...
I'll find tickets here and there with the totally wrong "Request Form" and "Issue View" associated with them, because our Jira Service Agents who moved the tickets had forgotten to take the additional step of choosing an appropriate "Request Type" after the ticket has been moved to the new project.
On top of remembering to change the "Request Type" at all, a Jira user has to have some background knowledge or memory of which "Issue Type" the desired "Request Type" is associated with. If they had selected the wrong "Issue Type" in the move process, that introduces a secondary post-move step to set the "Request Type" appropriately!
I'm tired of the additional cleanups and reminders!
Do you move tickets back and forth to a Jira Service Management project? Would you find it helpful if the Move Wizard had a built-in selection for "Request Types" when the destination project you've selected is a Jira Service Management project?
If so, vote here!
---> https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-12714