I am looking at replacing our RT ticketing system with JIRA. I intend to use JIRA for both our SCRUM method development, as well as end-user support tickets (with end users emailing support@example.com) and that creating tickets in JIRA to be created.
I'd also like to know if each 'submitter' would could towards my user count?
Regards,
Andy Loughran
Yes
Otherwise you should disable createusers in the emali settings and specify defaultreporter. But this will then not allow the submitter to received updates as he/she wont be a Jira user.
Is JIRA then not designed to do this? We have fewer than 10 users in our organisation, but over 300 clients. It seems strange to have to purchase a JIRA instance for +300 users if there are only 10 of us.
Andy
Jira is indeed designed for this, but of course with license restrictions, as each customer is also an user for Jira.
Thanks for this,
I'd have imagined that setting this up would be similar to how you describe. Do you have a more thorough explanation of how end-users are notified once the ticket is opened - or is that a manual process?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.