About a month ago the project I was running had a roadmap without any issues but then one day we noticed a suspicious new number of issues without parents. I've looked into those and did not see anything changed there, they all had parent links but some of them displayed on the roadmap as "without a parent". Our roadmap is capturing hierarchy Initiative->Epic->(story, task, bug).
All of the epics are in different statuses among those without parents, only some issues of epic and story level are displayed like that, the majority are sitting fine within our hierarchy.
I've tried recreating the board, I have tried removing and adding parent links and nothing seems to help. I've checked all of those issues without a parent and they all have links to either an initiative in case of epic to an epic in case of story.
Building a filter around that data would be too much work since there are a lot of initiatives and epics and we have no spare time to invest in such a huge overhead.
Does anyone else have this issue?
Thank you