I haven't found anything similar to my use case so hopefully my question is clear!
I have installed a third party add-on called QAlity Plus to create and link tests to Jira tasks. What I would like to do is create an automation based on the following:
- User creates a task in Jira.
- Once they have created their task, they create a Test (this is configured as a custom standard issue type).
- Once the Test is created, an Automation is triggered that will set the Epic Link of the Test to the same Epic that the Task is associated with (setting the custom field Epic Link).
Important information:
- when the Test is created, it links to the issue through a custom "is tested by/tests" link.
- Test to issue is always a 1:1 link. However a single issue can have many tests (n:1).
I'm sure this could be achieved through simple automation, but when I look at my audit logs the trigger issue is the created Test. Which isn't an issue until I try to get the Epic Link of the "tests" which I can't figure out how to get.
I've added a ss of my audit log because I've been continuously tweaking my trigger conditions and I'm getting the same result. Any ideas on how I can achieve the above? Thank you!
