We are in the process of updating one of our core systems and I need to make sure that all references to existing systems are replaced with the new platform. Is there any way I can export the search results list to Excel or similar?
@Helen.Ashton Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
Unfortunately, exporting search results is not currently supported in Confluence Cloud. There may be a Marketplace App that can provide this functionality, but I am not familiar enough with any to provide a recommendation.
Sorry that I could not provide an answer that resolves your need.
Hi @Helen.Ashton
I don't think there is a way to export the search results in Confluence.
I had a similar task back in the days, and I used the Confluence CLI app by Appfire to replace a particular part of the content throughout my Confluence space pages. It gives you the number of results and replacements so you can track how well your work was performed.
So I used the search panel only to verify the success of the replacement instead of checking each result row by row.
Thnks for the response - I think I'm going to have to go the long way with normal search results on one screen and replacements on another one ;-)
Thanks very much - I suspected that would be the case. I'll have to do it the old fashioned way
Sorry! Please accept the response so that others looking for similar issue(s) can moe easliy find it.
Hello @Helen.Ashton
Interesting case, in Server I used the Search and Replace macro, which gave me a list of all the pages where a particular phrase or text was located. E.g., find the text "version 7.5.7" and replace with "version 7.6.0"
Perhaps you can make use of an app like this, not so for replacing, but just to detect the pages where these are? Below is an app similar to the one I mention; of course, there are more available as well.
Hope this is helpful!
With friendly regardsRodrigo
Attachment: Find and Replace screenshot.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.