I want to generate a report that displays the ticket A department is creating but when I filter it by "Department" it shows no data. now as admin, I want to create a department and manually assign each person to their designated department.
Ηι @SBACTL_JRFontanilla Is the "department" a custom field, or an attribute in an asset object?
We don't have custom fields for the department. But we only have "groups" names after their "department"
So what do you mean when you say that " I want to create a department and manually assign each person to their designated department."?
I'm sorry for confusing you. Is it possible to create a department without adding custom fields? or just a group? What I mean was Since we don't have custom fields I want to assign the user to a Department so I can generate a report based on "department" and not by the group that I created.
Anyways as of now, my team agrees to use the "group" for report generation. I just want to know if it's possible to manually assign a person to a department for my future use.
Hi @SBACTL_JRFontanilla
Unfortunately, for Jira's Standard plan, assigning a ticket to a group is impossible, but if you create a custom field Department, then it can be used for reporting.
I know how to do this using SLA Time and Report for Jira, which was developed by my team, so if you are okay with using third-party add-ons, here's a 30-day trial.Follow the steps of the document "How to control SLA using custom fields" and the end of the article "SLA configurations for different Time zones with Custom Fields", which have the same setting logic but a little more helpful information.
For any clarifications, please feel free to ask. I will be happy to assist you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.