Can customers use the Help Center Portal without a license? I read that customers do not need a license to use the portal but when I set it up a license is need for them. How can I setup Jira for customers to use the portal without license?
@Mike Ottiano -
For JSM Cloud env, customers doesn't need to have license to access the portal UI. However, they will need to have a valid Atlassian account (personal account) to access your JSM projects. This also assume that you already configured your env and project where customers are assigned with the project's "Service Desk Customers" project role.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Hi @Mike Ottiano ,
Just need to set your project to allow non-licensed user to be added as customers to the portal. Can do this in the project settings. After that, you can just add the customers to the portal or you can allow customers you self add themselves.
Here's some useful documentation to guide you through the setup:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-and-manage-portal-access/
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/change-project-customer-permissions/
-Ben
You can add customers. Here is help page https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/adding-customers-939926467.html#Addingcustomers-Addcustomerstoanorganization
You have to set your project to allow non-licenses user
Under Customer Access the below are enabled.
Under Customer Permissions
Still not working, what am I missing?
How do I do that?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.