We have a Confluence Cloud implementation with upwards of 50 users spread across engineering, product management, client implementation projects, and customer service.
When a developer on my team publishes a page to Confluence (typical use case is that of a release notification), I want them to notify other Confluence users -- approximately 25 of them. And it's quite error-prone and inefficient to list out the 25 people by their handles.
Now, all of these people are available on Microsoft Teams.
Is there a way to:
- EITHER Create a distribution list from within Confluence so that all required recipients get notified through a single handle,
- OR push an event to Teams via a webhook so that I can manage the recipients list on Teams. They can click through and access the Confluence URL from the Teams channel?
I've already tried setting up MicrosoftTeams Confluence Connector Lite (https://solutionsbytext.atlassian.net/wiki/marketplace/discover/app/confluence-microsoft-teams-connector-lite) but that doesn't send alerts for new page creations: it sends out alerts only for page updates.
Any suggestions?
Edits:
- We are using Confluence Cloud