We heavily use Jira for IT project requests, however, I am struggling with getting estimates and confirmation on the ability to prioritize the enhancements across multiple vendors.
After a request is received, we know what vendors will do the development, and is marked on the issue fields by a checkbox field.
I would like to use that checkbox to require those vendors to input an estimate (they all have separate estimate fields). I don't want the workflow to progress past 'pending estimate' status until all vendors have input their estimate
The ways I was thinking of tackling this:
- Create a multiple-scenario workflow with new statuses with conditions based on the vendor(s) selected
- Create sub-tasks for each vendor when the status is first transitioned to 'pending estimation'
- Use a third-party approval workflow add-on
- Utilize ScriptRunner to some degree (not sure if there is something that would easily fit this scenario)
Does the community have any recommendations on how to best approach this?