Hi community!
I need to filter the latest commment from an issue (epic,task,etc.) because I want to generate a report automatically.
Thanks!!
You could do this by creating an automation and then use {{issue.comments.last.body}} to get the last comment.
Hi @Edilson Hernandez Serpa
if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, this would be easy to do using the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.
JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a large number of so-called "smart columns" that aren’t natively available, including the latest comment (along with many other comment-related columns).
This is how it looks in action:
As you can see above, you can easily view, sort, and filter by the latest comment, and also add new comments, either on a single issue or in bulk via copy/paste. You can also use the latest comment across JXL's advanced features such as (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping, sum-ups, or conditional formatting.
Any questions just let me know,
Best,
Hannes
Hi Mikael
Thanks for your answer!
I am trying to do a JQL query with that smart value and I am having problems. My idea is to do a query because I want to make a Confluence page and have the reports automatically. I am trying this:
project = POR39505 AND summary ~ "Book project" AND issuetype = Epic AND "comment ~ {{issue.comments.last.body}}"
I need to extract the last comment from that epic. If you can give me some advice on this, I will be very grateful
Thanks!
@Mikael Sandberg How do you configure this on the automation rule, I mean where is the output, is it via email? just curious
@Sherwin Soriano you can use the smart value as part of the email content, something like this:
Here is the last comment on the request:
{{issue.comments.last.body}}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.