Hi!
Lately I have been making tweaks to my team's space PDF Stylesheet in Confluence (Cloud) to reflect requirements and request on PDF exports my team are wanting to do from time to time. Albeit I have found the available information in the Knowledge base a bit lacking for customizing stylesheets (I'd have wised supported properties and Confluence CSS out of the box configuration and considerations were better documented) I have following what's available been mostly successful in applying the desired tweaks to our stylesheet.
One thing I'm however still struggling with is letter spacing, i.e. the space between printed letters in the export. Particularly for bolded characters the out of the box font configuration makes the printed letters in the export a bit mushy, hence the desire to tweak adding some padding between the letters.
Following the lead of this article in the Knowledge base I have added the following CSS code in this block:
body,p,li,td,table,tr,.bodytext,.stepfield
{ letter-spacing: 0.5em; }The "letter-spacing" property however don't appear to do anything for the export? I have tried added or changing other properties within this block like "font-size" or "color" and those seem to be reflected as expected in the exports.
What am I doing wrong/missing here? Is there a problem with the units? Should I define the property somewhere else in the template? Or is "letter-spacing" simply not supported by this functionality?