Since last week, all our customers are not able to access our public documentation space on confluence although we haven’t changed any settings. what could be the issue?
@[deleted]Welcome to the Atlassian community
It can be caused by two things. If global anonymous access was turned off then access at the space level would no longer work. https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/make-a-space-public/
Most likely someone turned on public links. You can only have public links or anonymous access turned on, not both. Check and see if public links is enabled. If it is you will need to turn it off for anonymous access to work. https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/share-content-externally-with-public-links/
Hi Brant,
Thank you for your prompt answer,
Global anonymous access is not turned off and public links is disabled.
Got more information from our customers, most of them can access our documentation space using Edge browser but not Chrome
any Idea?
Thanks
Abdallah
Some of them can’t access the page on both browsers
@[deleted]I was able to open it in all browsers on my desktop an phone. Could your customers potentially be behind a firewall that is preventing connectivity?
thanks Brant, it is strange that all customers from different countries were able to access the pages just a week ago. Can firewalls block an access on one browser over the other? As some of them can access the pages on Edge but not Chrome.
No a firewall would block everything. If they are all from the same company then it might be a browser plugin that is blocking it in Chrome.
Hi @[deleted]
We would like to confirm a few things in order to confirm if the issue still persists:
If the issue still persists, would you mind confirming the following, since I could confirm the page/space DOC is open to anonymous and I can access it successfully:
The reason I'm asking you this is because I can't see it on your screenshot if it is an anonymous user accessing, a logged-in user, or if it could be a customer portal account only.We have an ongoing bug, that affects portal-only accounts only:
So in case users are able to access the pages in an incognito window, without logging in, but are portal customer accounts and cannot see the page even though it is open to anonymous, while logged in with the portal accounts, they are being affected by the bug.Please let me know how the test goes and the additional information. Regards,Jessica
Thanks @Jessica
We will share the above with our customers facing the issue and provide you with feedback,
Br,
Ahsan
Trying to bump this issue....
Customers not logged into the Jira Customer Portal and not logged into confluence can use the search bar with no issues at all. (therefore unlicensed)
Customers logged into the Jira Customer Portal and not logged into confluence, CANNOT use the search bar.
This logic doesn't make sense here. If I'm not logged in I can use the search, but if I'm logged in to another portal that is separate from Confluence I can't use the confluence search bar?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.