So am trying to combine the JMWE Set Field function with HeroCoder's Issue Checklist Pro functionality.
The goal is to dynamically build an ongoing checklist of actions as an issue progresses through the workflow as a series of post-functions.
I am using the Checklist Text field to add formatted checklist items to the "Checklist".
I attempted to use the standard Jira update custom field function but when you use the append option Jira automatically inserts a blank line, which Issue Checklist Pro interprets as a new checklist... it gets ugly.
My thought is to use the JMWE Set issue fields post-function to:
- Query the current values of the checklist
- Append to that value the new checklist item(s) if necessary rewriting the whole field.
Issue Checklist Pro uses the following formatting:
# Default Checklist
* ---HR Checklist
* [open] Send Welcome Letter
* [open] Send SWAG
* --- denotes a header
The goal is to add additional lines following the structure above, with no additional line breaks.
So after the second transition, the field might look like:
# Default Checklist
* ---HR Checklist
* [closed] Send Welcome Letter
* [closed] Send SWAG
* [open] Do the next thing
I do need to keep the updated statuses of the work in progress, which is why I was thinking about querying the contents prior to updating them.
Thoughts?