Hey Hey,
I am unable to see the Rank Field when creating a new issue. This field is a Lock field and reads as this:
Rank LOCKED
Global rank field for JIRA Software use only.
Beside the standard configurations, What am I missing?
Hello @Charles Lindsay
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
The Rank field is used internally by Jira to keep track of the rank of each issue relative to the issues ranked above and below it. Jira does not set it until after the issue is created. It is not a field you can edit directly.
Why do you want this field on the Create Issue screen? What problem are you trying to solve?
We are looking to Rank the issue that are created or once the issue is created. Even if I wanted to headed the issue type, its not showing the Rank field. So, I would like to see the field on the bug screen or story screen.
Unfortunately you cannot manually set the Rank field directly.
You rank the issue after it has been created by changing its position related to other issues displayed on an Agile (scrum or kanban) board.
Indeed, if you put the rank field on screen, and managed to make it editable, it would be completely useless to you - your people would have no idea what to enter into it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.