Hello,
I'm relatively new to the Atlassian-Jira Landscape, so maybe there is a really obvious solution I just haven't found yet.
The Problem:
In the Server Version of Jira we had a link which would clone a certain "template" issue within a project. This new issue would then be tweaked and have all the template/example text in the description. In Jira Cloud, this cloning process is always done via an overlay, so we can't get a link (e.g. for use in confluence) to always clone this issue.
I know this wasn't the best way of doing this in the first place, but now we can't do it anymore.
First, I thought of just editing some default values, using the template texts, for the fields and just have a new screen when creating an issue. But as far as I know you can't set default values for fields in Company-Managed Software Projects.
I think the easiest way would be to migrate the project to a Team-managed project and utilise the new features, but we don't want to trouble our team even more, which is still adapting to Jira Cloud. even then Team-Managed projects have some drawbacks for us, as we had discovered, due to its way of handling permissions/access. So maybe this will be considered at a later point.
It would be ideal to have an issue screen with the template values, which then can be tweaked, before the issue is even created. Alternatively a way of generating a link to clone the template issue and then edit the cloned one.
Is there currently any way to achieve this?