Hi All,
Posting this from another one of my accounts as the one in question has been deactivated.
Has any one run into issues with their name getting flagged on account creation and resulting in account deactivation? My name is Muhammad Khan and I have previously created tens of projects for multiple companies on jira under my name. However, today out of the blue my account was deactivated as I was setting up a new company. I then received an email from Suzie Q (Jira) <advocates@am.atlassian.com> stating that jira cannot provide services to restricted parties. Seriously!
I am setting up this account from Canada and the company domain is also based here. I am perplexed as I thought a tech company like Atlassian would have more robust screening mechanisms. Muhammad and Khan are among the most common first and last names after all.
I have provided two pieces of identification to advocates@am.atlassian.com. Don't know how long this will take. I can't tell my company that sorry we have to wait due to my name. I am raising it here for Atlassian community and higher ups to take notice and rectify this systemic issue.