Hi there-
One of the automation rules I'm working on is triggered with any of 4 specific fields are changed on an issue. Upon that change, an email is fired and I would like to indicate which of those fields changed.
The current jankiness I'm using looks like this:
{{initiator.displayName}} just made a change to {{issue.key}}.
{{changelog}}
Click below to visit the issue in Jira
{{issue.url}}
I do get the changelog in the email -- it's formatted this way:
{Start date=[ChangeItemBean{fieldId='x', field='Start date', fieldType='null', from='2023-03-27', fromString='27/Mar/23', to='2023-02-01', toString='1/Feb/23'}]}
and I'm wondering if I could clean this up to be more readable by extracting the from and to properties along with the field name at the beginning. If there are multiple fields that can trigger this rule, is there a technique to dynamically know which field was changed or otherwise extract that from the changelog?
Have you successfully done this? Interested in learning how.