Hi
We have a 3rd part provider who provides estimated for work. These estimated exclude business days. We have to update the due date on planned work a lot in jira roadmaps which creates a lot of overhead and admin when the plan changes
The logic I'm trying to create is
Sprint start date + Size + Business days = Sprint Due date
Size is a custom numerical field, {{issue.fields.customfield_11714}}
I've tried the new syntax
{{Issue.Sprint.startDate.jiraDate.plusBusinessDays(6)}}
This works when there is a static value in ()
However I cant get this to work when there is a variable
{{Issue.Sprint.startDate.jiraDate.plusBusinessDays(issue.fields.customfield_11714)}}
I've also tried the above where customfield_11714 is created as a variable
I found this article with a work around using an old syntax but the solution no longer appears to work
{{#issue.field}}func=plusBusinessDays({{yourVariable|numeric field}}){{/}}
I'm now down to creating this as the mother of all if statements setting the date using static values based looking up using jira automation
IF Size =1 {{Issue.Sprint.startDate.jiraDate.plusBusinessDays(1)}}
IF Size =2 {{Issue.Sprint.startDate.jiraDate.plusBusinessDays(2)}}
etc. But this is obviously ugly as sin. Has anyone got a nicer solution?