Here is our configuration, which works.
Linux Collector Server
Windows Agent Clients which do Work from Home without any VPN connection.
The collector server runs an sftp server. The agent client also transfers its files to the server every day.
The scans of the client are also imported into the Atlassian Cloud.
So far so good.
Now we want to distribute the client agent automatically, via software, to the Windows clients.
The problem I have is that I always have to configure the clients with
Discovery_Agent.exe -setupsftp
once. After that the connection works.
Now I thought, I just copy the
Agent.bak
Agent.cfg
into an installed client. Only if I then create a
Discovery_Agent.exe -s
I get this error message.
14.04.2023 10:16:01 : saving file: 564BB_Hosts_2023-04-14_1016_0241.xml to folder C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Discovery Agent\scans | binary = False
14.04.2023 10:16:01 : Old encrypt algorithm
14.04.2023 10:16:01 : Exceptions:
14.04.2023 10:16:01 : mac check in GCM failed
14.04.2023 10:16:01 : Decrypt credentials by old algorithm was failed
14.04.2023 10:16:01 : Exceptions:
14.04.2023 10:16:01 : Der Pfad darf nicht NULL sein.
Parametername: path
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
bei Insight.Discovery.Tools.Crypter.DecryptOldFile(String fileIn, String password) in C:\build\DISCOVERY-DISCOVERYCLOUDRELEASE-BUILD\DiscoTools\Crypter.cs:Zeile 298.
14.04.2023 10:16:01 : Error transfer data via sftp.
14.04.2023 10:16:01 : Exceptions:
14.04.2023 10:16:01 : Das Array darf nicht NULL sein.
Parametername: bytes
bei System.Text.Encoding.GetString(Byte[] bytes)
bei Insight.Discovery.Agent.Logic.AgentService.SFTPFileTransfer(String file) in C:\build\DISCOVERY-DISCOVERYCLOUDRELEASE-BUILD\Discovery_Agent\Logic\AgentService.cs:Zeile 312.
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Discovery Agent>
If I afterwards again
Discovery_Agent.exe -setupsftp
it works after that. How can I now give a configuration with an automated software, so that all clients have the same configuration.
As I said, because the users have no VPN connection, I also have no IP range that I can use for the collector or discovery. At home everyone has his own internal IPs.