I'm going to get it out of the way and say "I haven't tried it yet in a test environment..." because I'm reading docs and I'm unclear on some things.
So...is JIRA Software (formerly Agile) still a plugin? Is "JIRA Core" basically just the old vanilla JIRA Server?
We run multiple JIRA instances for BU specific customers. Sometimes folks just want vanilla JIRA and then later on, a dev team in their area moves from one instance to another, so then we need to add JIRA Software/Agile to that instance. Before we would just buy the plugin and slap it in and away we go. Are we talking about a difference now in how that happens where we need to have to re-deploy the app instead of just iteratively adding to it? I am unclear based on the documentation how it all works. JSD seems straightforward still as it is just a plugin.