The Automation should be- when the dependent task is completed, then only my current task should be moved to dependent hold to On-track.
Please tell me the automation procedure
Hello @Angel
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
Do you have any experience creating Automation Rules? Have you reviewed the documentation on the topic?
Have you tried to construct this rule? If so, show us what you have so far and tell us where you are having difficulty.
How do you indicate that one task is dependent on another? Are you using issue linking for that? If so, which Issue Link Type are you using?
Are the issues in the same project or different projects?
The basics of the rule you want are:
TRIGGER: When issue transitions
Destination status equals the value you use for the "completed" status
BRANCH: For Related Issues / Linked Issues
Specify the link type used between the dependent issues
ACTION: (within the branch) Transition issue - transitions the linked issue to the status you specify
Did the answer I provided help you resolve your issue? If so, please consider marking the Answer as Accepted, to help other users find posts with validated answers/solutions.
No, I want to create automation. I never tried automation. But for this I am not sure How to create -
I provided you with a link to the Automation Rules documentation. I suggest you review that as part of learning how to create Automation Rules.
I also provided an example of a rule that might work for you, with the Trigger, Branch, and Action components of the rule.
I am not sure that the rule will work for you without answers to the additional questions I asked.
How do you indicate that one task is dependent on another? Are you using issue linking for that? If so, which Issue Link Type are you using? Are the issues in the same project or different projects?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.