How do I know if progress is going well based on a burndown or burnup chart?
Hi @Jose Barrera welcome to the Atlassian community.
Instead of typing a lengthy answer, I'm redirecting you these official links, "Understanding the burndown chart" and "Understand the burnup chart" to give a complete read on the charts.
Hi @Jose Barrera
What does "progress is going well" mean to you, your team, and your stakeholders? I recommend defining that, and then checking in with the people to evaluate progress. Perhaps also check with your team's coaches for input.
The Atlassian interpretations of burndown and burnup charts (as well as other interpretations and reporting) can be "gamed", and may not indicate value delivery or progress toward goals. Instead they are just tools to make things visible, so please consider what they mean for your team's situation.
Kind regards,Bill
Good question Bill, thanks for your feedback. I will get with my team to see how we define that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.