I am doing some experimenting in the cloud on JIRA export/import capabilities. Ultimately, we are going to be migrating from one Companies JIRA installation to another Companies JIRA installation. I am having trouble getting "Links" imported.
In the original export, I see issue IDs in the "Inward issue link (link type)" and "Outward Issue link (link type)". For example ABC-32839, ABC-32838, ABC-32837.
I am working with a sample subset of the Issues to be imported, so I understand that there are SOME links that cannot be made because the link-from or link-to issues are NOT in the sample set. However, after the import processes the issues, NOT A SINGLE LINK is made between any issues in the set.
When I look through the Importer log, it reports the following:
2023-04-06 17:18:33,311 ERROR - Unable to link issue from autoid-6929931817420021106 to NCR-32656 with link named 'Relates': Cannot find imported issue key for external id 'NCR-32656'
2023-04-06 17:18:33,318 ERROR - Unable to link issue from autoid-8549956584920098953 to NCR-33024 with link named 'Relates': Cannot find imported issue key for external id 'NCR-33024'
2023-04-06 17:18:33,325 ERROR - Unable to link issue from autoid-5644403748625426452 to NCR-31073 with link named 'Relates': Cannot find imported issue key for external id 'NCR-31073'
2023-04-06 17:18:33,333 ERROR - Unable to link issue from autoid--7130678870051071880 to NCR-33033 with link named 'Cloners': Cannot find imported issue key for external id 'NCR-33033'
I don't understand why this happens, but it seems to be unable to find issues it has just imported. When it gets to Importing: Issue Links & Subtasks, it has assigned NCR-33024 to NIT-XXXXX and NCR-33033 to NIT-YYYYY
In fact, when I look through the list of imported issues, which it did without problem, it seems to have not imported ANY links at ALL. Am I missing something?