My project is setup as a company-managed project, which I am making a custom workflow.
Right now when I transition a task to done (note, this transition is set to be allowed from any status), I have a couple of validators that are checked. Which will stop the user from making the transition, if specific data is missing.
This task is linked to an epic, in which I have an automation rule watching a field, so that when the field is changed to a specific value, it will trigger an automation rule to close the task to done.
It works when all the validators are met. However, the problem is that, if the validators are not met, the automation cannot close out the task. It will just error out and Jira automation would just send me an error stating error transitioning issues.
I was wondering if there was a way to go around this so that the validators are not checked when automation moves a ticket because when the automation rule kicks in, the task should be transation to done regardless of the validators' state.
What am I missing here? Is this possible? Thank you for the help!