Hi,
Earlier i am able to see the option All subtasks needs to be closed before closing the main task.
Please find the attached SS.
Now i am not able to see that message next to the status
Does the Workflow applied to issue SDP-1661 have the same Condition in it?
Hi @Trudy P Claspill
Thanks for your response.
yes same condition i have given but still I’m not able to see that text. Which I’m expecting currently
Thanks,
Hello @Sreenadh
The first image you showed that does show the message is for an issue in the status "In Production". The workflow image that you posted is for a transition from the status "New".
Can you show us the workflow transition information for the "In Production" starting status?
Earlier it is working fine but now i am not able to see that message.
Can you provide how to achieve the same.
Hi @Sreenadh
The condition in a workflow only prevents the status to be shown when the condition dont matc.
If any condition is fail the status simply does not show to the user.
That being said, its possible that you were using a validator instead of a condition when trying to move the status to In production.
To be able to help you here, we do need you to paste your screen shot from all the properties and all transitions to the status "In production".
As soon as you provide the screenshots we can try to get anymore help from Atlassian. Waiting on
any feedback for us?
Hi @Sreenadh @Trudy P Claspill
I'm not sure why the message chooses to appear or not, however I did know what the message meant which why I knew there was a condition in place.
Based on your screenshot, if you clicked the transition drop down, I presume that "Cancelled" isn't an option because the sub-tasks don't meet the conditions to allow the transition.
I think @Trudy P Claspill is on the right path though. I think the message isn't appearing due to other transitions coming off "New" status that have different conditions. The message may only appears if that is the ONLY option.
E.g. When in "In Production" Status, if the only transition available is "Close" with the sub-tasks as a condition, then the message will likely show.
However, if there are two transitions available, One to "In Development" with no sub-tasks condition, and one to "Close" with a condition, then I think the message probably wouldn't show.
It would be confusing to say all Sub-tasks need to be closed if you are trying to move a ticket back to Development phase right? Hope this makes sense
Suzi
I tested this theory with a Software project, and it did not prove true.
I created a simple workflow:
To Do > In Progress > Done
There were no global transitions.
I added the Subtasks condition to the transition between In Progress and Done.
I had an issue with Subtasks that were not done. When it was in the In Progress status there were no transitions available and the "subtasks must be closed" message was not displayed below the status button.
I did not try this with a Service project, though I note this post is in the Jira Service Management/Questions community. I suppose it could be possible that the behavior might be different in a Service Management project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.