I am new to Jira Software and trying to setup a Finish-to-start dependency between 2 user stories and am not seeing how to accomplish this.
Hello @Tammra Sheldon-Davis
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Are you using the Roadmap functionality?
What do you expect to happen if you are successful in setting up this dependency?
Using the Roadmap functionality you can create a finish-to-start relationship between issues. However, that does not necessarily cause any other action/event to occur automatically. Jira does not automatically change the start date of one issue based on the finish date of another.
Thank you!
I am using the Roadmap and by no means do I know all its functionality.
What I am trying to accomplish - while creating new stories for the backlog that are not currently being assigned to a sprint, is that one story (predecessor) has to be completed before the successor/dependent story can be started. I am currently not interested in setting up a timeframe, but want to create the dependency while I am creating them and not have to make a manual note to remember this. I did add a "link" but that doesn't tell me which one needs to be done first and see the Dependency dropdown, but I only see "Option 1" in the list and not sure what that means.
Thank you for your help!
Can you show us a screen image that shows the link between the issues and what you see for the Dependency drop down?
Here is the screenshot
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.