How can I add new Environment to Jira? ( new addition to a multiple choice for a field in jira)?
What should I check additionally when adding it not to mis anything.
Hi @Vera Valshonok ,
my suggestion is to use a multi-select list with a default context and specify specific environments fro project basis.
Hope this helps,
Fabio
@Vera Valshonok -
I agreed with @Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_ suggestion. You should create a new custom field (multi-select dropdown list data format) and then apply it to the project(s) of your choice.
NOTE - When creating a new custom field, you should also ensure the field name is unique (since Environment field is an out of the box field already). Then apply custom context for each of your projects as needed. By default, a new custom field is created and it is applied to all projects with the same context (i.e. same set of dropdown options).
Hope this also helped
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Thanks! I need to add another environment out of already existent once which already exist as a dropdown list for the existent filed. Can I just go to this multiple choice dropdown and add another Environment name?
Can it be a risk to break something in the existent work?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.