Is there a way to revert back to all the company managed settings before I made the changes while taking the tutorial...hopefully before Monday morning!!!
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
No, there's no "undo" on admin actions. But they are mostly easy to simply flip back to what they were before you changed.
If you are not sure what to flip back to, there's a quick and dirty trick - create a new project, using the template you want to go back to, and with a totally silly key you'll never want to use for production (because you can't reuse keys easily - I've got one with a key of "trkexzlq1" for example), and use that as an example of what you want to edit everything back to.
appreciate y'alls quick replies. Not sure I follow what you are saying...
1st - where do I find the template I want to go back to?
When you create a new project, you select a template for it, which goes on to create a load of settings and schemes that Atlassian think are appropriate for the project type you have selected (unless you choose "share existing schemes with an existing project").
You can't do a simple "revert" back to these, there's a lot of stuff in the schemes you might need to revert, and also,working-on-microtasks-to-get-paid-out-for-completed-tasks more importantly, you do not have a simple reference to what they are.
So, if you create a new (never to be used) project from a template, you will get a load of schemes set up for the new project that you can compare with the ones you want to revert, so that you can see what to set them all back to.
However, you really do need to ask the person who created the project you have been amending what template they used. If you don't have access to them, then I'm afraid you are going to have to guess.
But, I would not expect you to have to guess too much - I would not really be trying to revert to base, I would be asking my people how they want to be working, and just modify the settings to support that, rather than going back to a default.
Our team originally used the Kanban template for company managed projects - but they had changed the schemes and such that have now been overwritten. So you are suggesting by creating a new (never to be used) project from this template, I can recreate the schemes based on what I recall we were using.
By doing this, all changes I make in this new company managed project will be applied to the existing "real" project? Why not make the changes in the existing "real" project? I may be missing something from your explanation
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.