I am new to Jira, but have worked in other task software before. The one I use personally (and used to use professionally) did not require clicking three or four time to add a task; it allowed you to use shorthand to define various field. For example, I could write "Talk to Marcy tomorrow [project name] assign to Dave" and it would create the task, assigning it properly, putting it in the desired project, and giving it a due date.
I cannot find anything in the documentation or community (or Google) explaining what shorthand, if any, Jira has to do the above task (I have searched on several different occasions in several different ways). As a result, every time I create a new task I have to spend extra time clicking into the event, selecting an assignee, putting a due date, etc. I know it sounds silly to worry about the 30 seconds or so this takes, but it adds up if you have a lot of tasks to create, and it's also an annoyance.
I have to assume Jira has a more efficient way to add tasks than the once I've been using. Can someone point me to documentation on how to include all this information without having to jump in and out of the board and the task?