could you give me the process to transfer server licence to data center licence in confluence ?
Hi @Flore IGNACE welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I noticed that you posted this question with deployment type 'Cloud'.
Are you asking this question because you are still on Server and need Data Center as intermediate step to make the migration to Cloud?
You cannot "transfer" a license from Server to Data Center.
I suggest to read the documentation article Upgrade from Confluence Server to to Data Center for more information.
Server and DC are highly compatible though - you can buy a new DC licence, and apply it to your server, and have a single-node DC, without even restarting it.
I always recommend that you build dedicated nodes properly, but applying a DC licence does work fine, and I've had no problems flipping one of my dev box between Server and DC when I need it. Note that you will need to do the same for installed apps.
If you do so, Atlassian may offset some of the cost with what remains of your current server licence.
Hi @Flore IGNACE ,
you need to update license in your current server instance and, in the same time, setup your infrastructure to data center using link provided by @Dave Mathijs .
Fabio
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.