Can you embed a live Excel file in Confluence Cloud?
Can the HTML macro be used to do this?
If your Excel is on OneDrive or Sharepoint, you can embed it on a Confluence page.
Just change the render, not inline, not a card but embed.
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-microsoft-onedrive-for-business-macro/
@Alison Milne Another option: If you're using Power BI, publish the excel spreadsheet to Power BI (Online) and then embed the Power Bi Reports into Confluence Pages via the iFrame macro.
This gives you live data that can be sorted, filtered etc - depending upon the content/format of the data etc.
I'm using this and can highly recommend. Probably not want you are looking for but maybe something for the future?
Hi @Alison Milne,
There are two approaches:
@Alison Milne
If you need to add an exel file in the confluence page, Polaris spreadsheet can be a good option.
Our app, Polaris spreadsheet allows you to embed an existing excel files in a confluence page and directly edit it.It offers full editing capabilities for excel files and provides an advanced view mode that allows you to use filters, scroll, and find. Please check the details.A month's free trial is available now!
Atlassian Marketplace
Hi @Alison Milne,You may try our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table Spreadsheet macro.You’ll be able to import your Excel file into Confluence and then continue working with it right there using all the basic Excel functions.
That's simpler than I thought it would be. Thank you.
I'll look into this. We're introducing Power BI at the moment. This could be very useful.
@Alison Milne Some bumph from Microsoft that I found useful
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-embed-secure
Good to know, but not looking to purchase anything at the moment.
Hi @Kelly Arrey
I am also interested in the approach you outlined for Embedding Excel in confluence but I appear to be hitting some sort of permissions issues.
URL, Inline and Link all work fine but as soon as I choose Embed the users including myself are prompted to Log in
The link is to SharePoint with access to anyone within the organisation. We are all logged in when we attempt to open.
Any ideas on what ii should try next?
Many thanks,
Andy
The app doesn't work with the new editor. Outdated and ineffective. :-(
@Andrew Lord Hi Andy, beyond my expertise unfortunately. What happens if you click "Sign in"? Perhaps your Confluence admin can help? :fingers-crossed:
Kel
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.