I was 2 hours into editing a document. I didn't hit save at any point, because Confluence said "Changes saved" in the bottom of the page.
Out of the sudden, another user saved an old version of the page.
There was no merge attempt or warning. I simply got a notification in the top right corner of the page saying that my changes were reverted.
I couldn't "undo" the changes in the editor - I lost all my undo (command/ctrl + z) history.
I couldn't find my changes in my Confluence drafts, they simply weren't there.
I also couldn't find my changes in the document history.
In a split second all my edits were lost without any possibility of recovery.
Very frustrating. But I understand it's the beta version of Confluence with real-time collaborative editing.
Please address this issue. Users should, at the very least, have an option to undo their teammate's changes. Or their draft should be saved before it is completely overwritten by an older version of the document.