Hi
I'm trying to create to a CRON expression to run on the following:
every 3rd weekday at 8:30am
0 30 8 4/3W * ?
I've tried this but it doesn't like the W after the '/'
Any help would be must appreciated!
Many thanks
Hello @LRobinson
You have misunderstood the use of W.
3W will give you weekday closest to the 3rd day of the month, not the 3rd weekday of the week, as per this documentation.
4/3 in the Day of Week position will give you "every 3rd day of the week where day 4 (Weds. because the days of week are 1-7 / Sun-Sat) is considered the first day of the week. The net in this case is "every Friday", I believe.
If you want to set a CRON for the third weekday of every week, I think you will have to specify which day that is the third weekday of your week.
WED
Did my answer solve your dilemma? If so, please consider marking the Answer as Accepted to help other users find posts with validate answers.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.