Hi,
we have a board in Jira which shows stories and sub-tasks. The swimlanes are based on user stories. Sub-tasks are assigned to developers, user stores are unassigned.
When I activate the person filter to see all my tasks, I'm not able to open the user stories any more. This kind of makes sense, since the story is not assigend to me and the filter blocks it.
In my opinion this is bad behavior, because I have to read the description of the story from time to time to finish my work.
I have two suboptimal workarounds for this:
- disable the person filter
- open a sub-task and navigate to it's parent issue (upper left corner)
My questions:
- is this behavior by design or is it a bug?
- is there a way to configure Jira to be able to open the stories, even with an active filter?
I'm using Jira Cloud in a company managed project.
I added a video for clarification:

Thanks for your help!
Tobi