I think the answer is no:
Default value
Field appearance in screen
Hi @Phil Bustin
That is an interesting idea, and I also expect the answer is "no"...and...
A work-around could be to use some token/keyword other than smart values, and on issue create (edit, etc.), trigger a rule to parse the field and substitute in the smart values just-in-time.
Kind regards,Bill
I'm trying to understand:
1) Why parse, when I could just insert the lines I want in the automation? In fact, the field doesn't need a default if every issue create populates it.
2) Are you saying that in any issue, even if the user leaves the issue and then returns, the lines I placed in the field will hold? Makes sense.
3) Alternatively, is there any event such as opening an issue before it is transitioned that could trigger the automation?
Hi, Phil.
Sorry if I misunderstood your scenario...I got the impression you were trying to create default field values and then have them just-in-time filled in dynamically at issue create. That is why I suggested the tokenization technique. You are correct that you could just have the rule do this at issue-create.
I seem to recall that rules could not directly trigger workflow actions, but that there were work-arounds involving setting fields values, which would then trigger rules.
That sounds interesting. Since I've got my workaround, I'll defer learning about that until later.
I must have replied to the wrong post, or not clicked 'Publish', because I don't see it on this one; at any rate, here it is now: The automation worked.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.