We closed a Sprint on 3/24/2023 and started the next one. We found in the new Sprint several (10+) tickets (of various types) which had been included in previously closed Sprints. We did not "move" them there, they had been hidden when closed.
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
The easiest way to get this to happen is re-configure your board.
I suspect you will find that you have removed the status that those issues are in from the "done" column (the last column on the board). Have a look at their status and the column mappings you have for them!
Thanks for that answer, however it does not explain the issue. Typically when you close a ticket in a Sprint, then close the Sprint, the tickets are not shown (backlog/Sprint).
To give you more information, the issue revolves around tickets that were fully closed in previous sprints but then "appeared" in the new sprint. So let's say you had Sprint 1 (with ticket A, ticket B, ticket C) and then Sprint 2 (with ticket D). When you were still in Sprint 1, you closed tickets A+B+C. Then, at the end of Sprint 1 you marked the Sprint closed. Then you started Sprint 2. Suddenly, tickets A+B+C showed in Sprint 2. And looking at the individual tickets "Sprint" field it showed Sprint 2. This is the issue.
There is no "closed" flag on issues, the board looks at the sprint field.
Can you look at the status of these issues? Are they in the last column on the board the sprint belongs to?
Yes. They are "closed". I have attached a screenshot from our current sprint as an example. This ticket (SMW-2529) was closed 2 sprints prior, it was not "showing" in our previous sprint.
Hi Darrin
My team just noticed something similar, and when I searched for an answer, I found your post and this older post. I'm not absolutely certain but it seems likely that the answer provided by shiva kumar Shiva Gosul explains what happened. At least in our case.
I realize it's been a few months now, but if you haven't found an explanation yet, I hope this helps to solve the mystery.
Hi all,
We recently discovered a bug that might trigger the problem reported in this discussion (old/closed issues being automatically added to new Sprints).
Please take a look at it, in case it is relevant to you:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-21944
Hi Darrin,
I had the same issue. As a work around I was able to
Remove the Sprint from the Story (In the story under the 'Details' drop down menu, In 'Sprint' field, delete the active sprint from the list ) This seems to have resolved the issue in a way that does not affect the burndown. In my case, the story points ended up being 0 instead of 2 .
So in the 'Report', for the active sprint the story is listed as 0 story points included in the sprint, and 0 story points removed from the sprint .
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.