How we can export jql search result in excel sheet using automation rule or rest api.
Hi @shahjad ahemad
You can read this post about exporting the issues with REST API: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-get-all-issues-in-jira-using-rest-api/qaq-p/826281
Hi @Alex Koxaras -Relational-
How I can export the JQL reason. in the above link I don't see anything how they exported the data in excel. I'm able to run JQL query using rest api but don't how I can export those results in excel.. Please help me.
First of all, I've got a question: Why you don't use the export functionality that Jira provides? https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/export-issues/
Because we are creating JQL using rest api and we want to publish the excel sheet to user on email.
We natively support generating a CSV export of JQL results and emailing it (https://atlasauthority.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/NAFJC/pages/2264072590/How+To+Set+Up+Notifications?src=search#Exporting-Issues-as-CSV) in Notification Assistant for Jira.
Use the Better Excel Automation for Jira app.
It introduces 3 new automation actions that you can add to your automation rules:
In the shot below, you can see a rule that is executed periodically, runs a JQL search, then exports the results to an Excel spreadsheet (.xlsx) and emails to multiple recipients ("To" and "Cc" as well).
Hi,
We are using Notification Assistant for Jira from quite a long time and have the exact requirement of exporting filter issues in excel format.
However , I cannot see the "Exporting issues to CSV" option when I try to configure the notification. Please assist.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.