Hi,
I created a template and add certain variables to it. But when I try to create a page from it the page appear blank. This question has been raised before as well but I could not see an answer to resolve this. Can someone help?
Regards
Ananth
Hi @Ananth Subramanian and welcome to the community,
Can you please post a screenshot of your template, as well as a screenshot of when you try to create a page with that template (prior of publishing it)?
Thanks for the reply. please find below what you asked for
Template -
- creating page from the template by filling in the variables (before clicking on "create button")
- page from the teamplate before publishing but after clicking on "create" button
@Ananth Subramanian thank you for sharing the images. Can you also please share your template while editing it? What type of variables did you use in it?
Hi Alex,
I share an example of the first variable -and it is the same for all the other variables as well. I hope this is what you meant
template_in_edit_mode
Variable_type
On my instance variables are working just fine:
I would advise you to try the following:
Do the above and let me know if that solved your problem.
good catch!! after removing special characters I can get the template to produce the desired result. Super thanks!!
Additionally, is it possible to have this directly appear in the title of the page instead? if that is not possible then how to automatize title of the page when you create a page from a template?
ps: should i raise this a separate question?? please let me know
This is a known bug. In many cases, removing special characters does not fix the issue. I can create text variables and enter only a single letter with no spacing, special characters etc. and it doesn't show up when editing the page.
For anyone looking for a solution rather than a workaround, add your vote to this bug report:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66456
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.