What's the best way can you recommend to document structure of each jira automation used by the company in order for all to have clear understanding of their meaning and structure? ( excel, visual worflow type in the word document..)
Most people I've worked with will write up a Confluence page that describes the automations in their project.
Sometimes with just screenshots of the diagram, but often the plain text of the automation, and a brief explanation of why they built it.
Hi Vera. I agree, a screenshot will probably help most of the times. Depending on the complexity of the automation and how detailed and sustainable you like to document and evolve the automation, you can also use a diagramming tool in Confluence. Please check, if you may already have a solution in place. I am with the draw.io team but there are plenty of solutions available.
Thanks, Bastian! I decided to do visual workflows of automation in one of the tools as automations are complicated. It's timely though.
Thanks! Automations seem complicated enough to share just a screenshot.
Yep, most people do that, but with a one-liner explaining why they did it (unless it's really easy to understand)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.