Here is the automation:
Under what condition exactly are you wanting to exit the automation rule? When the "Create new" fails? Why would you expect that action to ever fail?
Hey Phil,
You can try adding a branch after the create based on most recently created issue. Then move the send email action under the branch.
I would hope it never fails, but for instance, it stopped working Friday evening, and I worked on and tested it all day today before it worked again (I don't really understand how), and it kept sending emails (only to me and my co-tester). I could have of course removed the email component.
What do you mean by "it stopped working"? Was it getting triggered but not doing what you expected?
What information was in the audit log for the rule at that time?
You can view my posted question "Why has my automation stopped working?", but the answer is apparently that I had switched from a JQL condition to a related condition compare. The error messages seemed to be misleading, but once I switched back, the automation worked.
So in future, if I change something and I don't realize I broke an automation that sends email notifications, I'd as soon the automation contained some construct that would prevent the emails from being sent.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.