Current Setup: Company Managed Project
Project Name: A
Existing Filter For Project: project in (X, Y, Z)
Goal
I am looking to create a JIRA architecture where cross-functional teams manage their own projects so that we have the ability to expose/suppress different JIRA projects (X, Y, Z) to certain groups.
A new project would be created ("A") that would have a filter attached as above to pull in all 3 individual projects. The piece that I struggle on is that I would like to be able to add a quick filter at the top to be able to select which project that I view out of X, Y, Z.
I know that a swim lane is an option but that is not what I am looking to do.
I have seen this setup in the past on kanban boards, and have worked with external 3rd parties in the past as seen in this attached Issue list

Ultimately I am interested in hearing other ways to potentially solve this whether it is a different project architecture or any 3rd party tools. I do not think creating 1 project with multiple boards is a scalable solution in this case.