Current Flow:
technician performs work>marks ticket as "closed" and provides a resolution>transitions to resolved automatically after a set period of time
Use case:
sometimes a technician will believe they have fixed the issue, close it, then the customer responds later saying it isn't fixed or it's happening again. in this situation, i want to reopen the ticket as long as it has not reached the "resolved" status.
I have created a transition from the "closed" status to our "waiting for support" status as this is how i want it to function when the ticket is reopened. however, the post function to clear the resolution field does not clear the resolution field. I also saw in one post that the resolved field needed to be cleared as well. I tried adding that post function as well without success.
Is there a better way to accomplish this? Am I using the wrong statuses? everything i have read points to this method.