Recently I noticed that "Actions" button is displaying all my automation rules. Not sure how if this was a new change introduced by jira. I need to disable this.
I will be very grateful for any help towards this issue. Thank you!
After contacting the Atlassian Support team, and using their new chat support (which I highly recommend), they provided this response:
The Action button is a new feature that was recently added, and it provides the ability to quickly access the automation through the issues, which is similar to the automation button that already existed inside the board.
Unfortunately, this is a design that cannot be disabled at the moment. A feature request was created to provide that capability - users who are looking for this should go vote for: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-635
Hi @Sankalp Chugh -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
From where are you seeing that view/symptom:
Knowing that will help the community attempt to reproduce what you are observing, and then see how they can help. Thanks!
Kind regards,Bill
Hi Bill, this is the issue display and the button is right next to status.
I checked a couple of different Jira instances and did not see this symptom.
Are you the only person seeing this, or are others also seeing it in your instance? What about with different browsers?
You appear to be the site admin for a paid-license version of Jira, so I recommend sending this one to the Atlassian Support team so they can take a look. You can do that here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
When you hear back from them, please post what you learn to benefit the entire community. Thanks!
I have seen the same exact issue that Sankalp pointed out, and it also started yesterday in my instance.
The Action button appears in the following scenarios:
The Action button does not appear on the Create Issue screen.
I will also be sending something to Atlassian support, and will provide that response here.
Example Screenshot:
Thanks. Although I disagree with the statement that "Action button is a new feature". This button was always there. We used it to facilitate workflow actions. But now we see workflow actions and automation actions all together.
This just showed up for my team today, not sure why out of the blue. I put a comment in the ticket. I really want this put back. I don't want new team members creating automations, I kind of thought this was more of an admin function, not something for my new hire that just started today.
After carefully going through all the automation suggestions, I found out that they were all manual triggering and anyone could trigger them. Now, I have restricted the scope of the trigger to only selected people. So people who shouldn't use it (e.g new joinees) by mistake will not see those options anymore.
Hi Sankalp. How did you do that? I can't find a way to restrict the users that can use manual trigger automation.
Thank you
I feel exactly the same. This just appeared overnight for us. Most of my org is brand new to Jira and should not have access to automations.
Hopefully my workaround would help you @Chris Yarbrough
I double-checked my Global automations security setting and verified that only administrators could actually create new automation rules. But now I have to do a bunch of communication explaining why people will see that button and be able to do very little with it. A little warning would have been nice. I didn't see this in the usual upcoming-in-Atlassian blog posts.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.